Nurse Janice Wiles
Health services are available through the school nurse. In addition to appropriate screening procedures, the school nurse shall assist students and families to obtain needed health-related services.
No medication shall be given to a student by anyone other than the nurse or trained office personnel. Medication will be given at school only when the parents cannot give the medication at home.
Parents must submit all medications, along with the appropriate documentations, to the nurse.
Additional information is available from the nurse.
Orangeburg Consolidated School District Four is committed to providing your child with the safest school environment possible. With this in mind, we are asking all students to stay home if they are sick. This includes by is not limited to:
- Fever 100° F or greater – A student must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Vomiting – A student must be free from vomiting for 24 hours before returning to school or have a doctor’s note clearing him/her of a contagious condition.
- Diarrhea – three or more in 24 hours.
- Pink eye – A student may return to school after a medical examination and treatment is started.
- Head Lice – A student may return to school after treatment and removal of lice and nits.
- Ringworm of the scalp – A student may return after a medical examination and treatment.
Please encourage your child to help us reduce the spread of germs by:
- Covering his/her cough or sneeze
- Frequently washing his/her hands
- Staying home if sick
- Not touching blood or body fluids from another person